Thursday, January 27, 2011

Work hard. Be patient.

I attended a meeting today for young leaders of Georgia churches (love that term, "young").  Craig Groeschel (on video) said "Don't overestimate what God wants to do through you in the short run (and when things don't happen like you think they should right off, you get frustrated), because you just may be underestimating what He wants to do in the long run."

This is a great reminder to me to be patient.  I want so desperately for God to explode NSD right away!  I want to see hundreds of people coming through our doors, and see God changing lives left and right, and we are praying toward that end.  But, more than that, I want what God wants.  I want Him to have complete freedom to do WHATEVER He wants on whatever scale He chooses.  Big or small, I just want to be along for the ride.

We need to work hard, pray harder, and be patient and allow God to do what He wants, when He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment